Sunday, September 23, 2012

Harris Kearney house










There was no school Friday, and we met up with our friends from KC Circle and toured The Harris-Kearney House,  it is the oldest brick house in Kansas City, Missouri.  The Battle of Westport was fought in the area. The cannonball picture above is from the that battle. I'm glad my girls are interested in touring old houses and learning about history. I wanted to take the self guided walking tour of Westport, that starts at the house, we decided against doing it Friday but will plan on it in the future.


Pryde's of Olde Westport pictured above is on my to do list, when I have money and no children with me.I usually have either children or if I don't have children, I don't have extra spending money. I'm going to have to change that up sometime. :-)

No comments: