Friday, February 5, 2010

It's snowing in KC

It's snowing today in Kansas City! Amy and I are went to tumbling this morning and the roads were pretty clear but by the time we left the snow was really coming down. Big beautiful flakes it looked like a winter wonderland, we had plans for the afternoon but decided to stay home instead.

Yesterday I went to a local furniture store that sells new and secondhand furniture. I was looking for a pie safe or something similar to replace this ugly buffet we have in the dining room. I could paint the buffet and change the handles but I'd like to go a little smaller in the length. I didn't find anything that would work yesterday but have a few more stores I'm going to check out soon. It's frustrating when you know what you want but aren't having any luck finding one that's affordable or you like.




I'm still working on the skeleton key ornaments that I posted on a Year of Christmas Blog. I don't really like the red silky ribbon, so I'm getting rid of that, I like the one with the threes pieces of ribbon/material with the heart safety pinned.
The one with just the rusty bell is too plain. Any suggestions??




I received these cute heart bowl fillers in a swap from Barbara, that was hosted by Hayley.





I'm participating in Colleen's weekly recipe swap, check out her blog and all the other great recipes.
This recipe is one of our family favorites. I'm in a cooking club with a group of mom friends and we meet once a month to swap frozen meals. This recipe is from Don't Panic Dinner's in the Freezer book 2.


Parmesan Garlic Chicken

6 boneless chicken breasts
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 envelope Italian dressing mix (We use Simply Organic)
2 cloves garlic minced
1/2 cup olive oil

6 servings

Cooking day

Mix together cheese, garlic, and Italian dressing mix. Dip chicken breasts in olive oil, then coat with cheese mixture. Wrap each chicken breast individually, than place in a freezer bag.
Freeze
Serving Day

Thaw completely. Unwrap desired number of chicken breasts and place in a greased baking dish. Bake at 400 degrees for 45-60 minutes until chicken is tender and no longer pink.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That recipe sounds really good and really easy. I have the first Dinner's in the Freezer book, but I think I'm going to go request the other one from the library.