Monday, February 1, 2010


Today was Melissa's third day back to school after having surgery in December. She gets to take the elevator and the teachers let her out early to get to class so she doesn't have to walk in the crowded hallways. The hallways was my biggest concern and I'm glad it is working out well for her. She was very excited to get back to school. The above picture is a copy of a x-ray showing the screws in her back.



I finally posted on A Year of Christmas. You can read about the Christmas tree skirt here and the snowman ornaments here. A group of moms on Sewing Mama started a blog to work on Christmas projects and presents throughout the year instead of starting a few months before Christmas. There are a lot of great projects shown, so check them out. February is comfort and joy so that is anything that comforts you, some ideas were quilts, pillows, pillow cases, rice bags, etc, etc. I do know I want to finish Jaime's horse quilt that I started a few years ago.


This picture might be a little better than the one posted on YOC blog.


I finished a baby sling for a cousin and it will be in the mail tomorrow. I also mailed out my primitive valentine swap that Hayley from Prim It Up hosted.



The picture above is a little dark and the picture below is the two candle mats I made one for the swap and one for me. The candle mat came out a little darker than I was going for but I posted on a prim forum and the ladies there said it looked great. I'm hoping my swap partner likes it too.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

All your stuff looks so cute! That tree skirt is awesome - I think I might add that to my ever growing list of stuff I want to make before this Christmas.

Alana Jo said...

Thanks for the gift.

http://www.justniftythrifty.com/