Saturday, May 24, 2008

Where did the month go?


Amy had dental surgery on the 9th. Here's a picture while we're waiting to head to surgery. She was a trooper and was running around like a crazy child the next day.


Quilt square #3


Quilt square #2 My points aren't perfect but I can live with it.



I'm also working on another rag quilt this one I'm doing in flannels. We're planning on painting our bedroom green so I wanted a quilt in shades of green. I ended up picking up greens and than a pretty brown floral and shades of brown. It's not exactly what I envisioned but I like the colors but now I'm trying to decide if I want it going vertical or horizontal.

Years ago we use to always go the The Lake of the Ozarks for Memorial day but haven't for at least 5 years or more. My In-laws have a cabin in the Ivy Bend area and we tried to get down there at least 2-3 times a summer. It use to be every other weekend but it seems like the girls have stuff going on more now on the weekends. The cost of gas is another deciding factor. We are hoping to get down there soon . I buy a lot of our spices and bulk items at a Mennonite store outside Versailles, Mo.
This weekend I hope to

1. finish square #4
2. finish up the strips for the rag quilt
3. sew the opening on a baby quilt.The top was a patchwork piece of batik from Joann's
4. Pin Jaime's cowgirl quilt and quilt part of it.
5. De-Clutter and organize my sewing area. haha

Joann's and the thrift store are also on my list so I need to get moving.
We also are going to Re-Store and a greenhouse in Lee's Summit that my husband has raved about since last year.
Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!

At least I wrote this on Saturday of Memorial day it took me a couple weeks to upload the pictures. Ha Ha on my list of things I wanted to get done. The baby quilt is done and flowers are planted.

5 comments:

Susanne said...

Hi, thank you for the visit on my blog! :-) Thank you for the comments in there!

Why can't you read my blog? It's because the language or something else? I be going to translate the blog in English as soon as possible.
Hope that you will be back when I've done that.:-)
See you! Hugs!/Susanne

Sarah said...

Amy's pigtails are so cute! I love the colors in your star quilt blocks.

mysteryhistorymom said...

Happy Birthday Amy! What a cutie pie! Looks like your quilt is going to be beautiful. Lori

Amanda Jean said...

your quilt squares are so pretty! I love the colors you've chosen.

Shawn said...

I love that quilt its beautiful! Happy Bday Amy, late :)