Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving


On our agenda for today is watching the Macy's Thanksgiving parade. I fondly remember watching the parade when I was a kid and have my girls hooked. We'll be heading to my in-laws for Thanksgiving dinner this afternoon. Still on my list to-do is make my Mom's Apple Salad, green bean casserole (not the French's onion one), dressing/stuffing and honey butter. Jim is making the Rhodes rolls. Most of my rolls have flopped so he doesn't want to be without rolls.

Dressing/Stuffing- I love it but nowadays I very rarely eat bread. I've made a lot of different recipes always looking for the perfect one and I haven't found it yet. This year I'm doing a combination of a few recipes so I have high hopes!
I usually make my mom's famous Green Rice but I'm saving that for Christmas this year and we're having steamed broccoli instead.

Mom's Apple Salad

3-5 apples washed
1 cup of mini-marshmallows {you can delete or use less or more)
1 cup of pecans chopped, halved or whole (I usually add a lot more)
Whipped Cream-we used to use cool-whip but have switched to the can whipped cream

Grate your apples I usually leave some of the peel on, it gives it a nice color.
Add the marshmallows, pecans and whipped cream.

I love it!

My brother and his wife are in town from Italy. We had a nice visit earlier this week and are planning on getting together before he leaves on Monday.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: