Thursday, April 16, 2009

Yesterday

We were suppose to be at Children's Mercy Hospital at 7:00 for a 7:30 MRI. I was in the parking lot at 7:02 and ID'd at 7:08 probably in the office by 7:11. The lady says "you first appointment you late". I just sit there looking at her thinking whatever. I didn't apologize or tell her my story, just smiled. My story is this lady, I have a twelve yr old who sleeps on the top bunk, she is on her own time schedule, answers to the beat of her own drum. Twenty minutes of get up we have to go, ten minutes in the bathroom, stopped for a train. We are here.

She thoroughly enjoyed the MRI and wanted to know when she could go back for another one. WHAT? "The goggles were real cool mom, I watched the movie in them". So I guess she'd be happy with just the goggles. I was worried she'd start singing to the movie but she said they were done before Bennie and the Jets came on.

We,(Amy and I) amused ourselves by walking around the hospital for a hour. She enjoyed watching the train and looking in the vending machines. We hit the gift shop and fed our sweet tooth on the way out.
We had to stop at home so Melissa could ditch her flip-flops and get her PE shoes, drove her by the library to pick up her books on hold, dropped her off at school. Back to the library to catch the tail end of story time than back home for Amy's nap.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I finished sewing a rag baby quilt for a baby girl who was born in February, now on to the cutting. I kinda go crazy if I haven't sewed for a few days so it felt good when I finished.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here's our soccer funny-
Jim usually takes Jaime to practice but he was working on Elizabeth's car. Jaime didn't want to go and couldn't find her shin guards and I planned on going late since she still needed to eat. Pulling out of the driveway I spilled my lukewarm mocha on my jeans, it was a lovely mess. We made it there by 7:20, I told Jaime hurry up and get on the field while I grab Amy. As I walked by some people sitting at a picnic table I thought I've never seen these people before but didn't look again to double check, I seriously thought maybe another family member brought them. We get to the playground at the edge of the field and Jaime is just standing there, "Jaime you need to get out there with your team" Jaime's still standing looking. "Come on Jaime, you need to get out there". She finally says I don't see Coach Jose, so I start looking for the assistant coach because she called a hour before to say we were having practice. The lady I thought was her turned around and it was somebody else. "Jaime do you recognize any of those boys?" "No, I don't think so"
"Hum they look a little bigger", So I called the assistant coach and she said that other team was there so we moved down the street to a football field.

You know when you have all the clues and aren't picking up the answer:

1. None of the parents looked familiar.
2. No boys saying "Jaime's here"
3. No coach saying "Over here Jaime"

there must be a reason.

I will say in my defense that
1. Sometimes other family members do bring kids to practice
2. Jaime is the only girl on the team of 9,
3. all the boys have dark brown or black hair.
4. I talked to the assistant coach an hour before practice.

So from a distance it looked like her team. So Jaime what did you do last night
"Well my mom tried to make me practice with the wrong soccer team". Oh well, All's well that ends well.

She was dancing around once she met up with the right team.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I found these old canning jars at a thrift store recently.

1 comment:

Aunt Spicy said...

Thrift stores in the midwest are the best! What a great find!