Monday, June 17, 2013

Pinned It, Made It! Monday



Country Girl at Home





.


This is another item I've made before Pinterest but since I had a busy week, I'm using it. I've made at least ten ring slings as gifts over the years. I loved my sling, I wish I had one for all my children but only my youngest two were worn in a sling. I used some other old-fangled carriers for  baby 2 and baby 3 and just my arms for baby 1. I miss those sling days but I'm happy not having a baby! I have a lot of wonderful memories of wearing my girls. This sling was made from muslin and I added a strip of blue material to give it some color. Here's the link to make your own sling. I did not pleat my top like she shows in the original  post, I used one of the other links she shares. I like to have a little padding on the sides, so I double over the material.   Did you use a carrier with your babies? I couldn't believe how helpful they were especially with a breastfeeding baby. I usually had one baby strapped to me chasing down another kid. :-)

I'm linking up with Tammy at Country Girl at Home.




This is a picture of Amy and I in Chicago at the La Leche League Conference back in 2007. I'm wearing an Over The Shoulder Baby Holder--which is my all time favorite sling. I also have a sling for using in the summer or water along with a couple other ones! :-)



Here are a couple old pictures with Jaime in the sling--when we were in Colorado 2001 and 2002.

1 comment:

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

That is cool, Allison! I used a sling with Joy and it was wonderful since I was homeschooling Colt and she could be everywhere I was!

Thanks for sharing and for participating in Pinned it Made it Monday!

Blessings,
Tammy