Friday, December 3, 2010

Swap

I must love living on the edge of excitement or insanity.... I could find no inspiration for my Home for the Holiday swap and time was running out. I looked at countless blogs and pictures, looked through printed out patterns and kept waiting for it to come to me. Earlier this year I was on a prim forum and the ladies posted things they were making and explaining how they made it, one lady made a snowman hat and had an arrangement of cute prim stuff inside it. When I went back a month or so later I couldn't sign in and they emailed me back and said they were making their community smaller (people who post and participate more, etc..) I was disappointed because there was a few more things I wanted to make. So I looked through the other prim forums I was on and nada, I should have just posted asking for suggestions. You can use a can and cover it with felt or other material and go from there but I wasn't feeling inspired, I also found a pattern to make a hat out of muslin and than paint and bake it to make it prim. Nothing really screamed out "make me" so I kept looking and I really love this this doodle from Bird in the Hand Primitive and wanted to recreate the stocking, but as I was looking through my much loved pile of Gooseberry Patch Christmas book and decided to make my version of these stockings. I hope my swap partner enjoys this swap.












On my list for next year is that Snowman hat and recreating that doodle into a stocking!

I love the prim communities everyone is so kind and helpful. I wish I had more time to spend on all the prim forums. I spend a lot of time on the local attachment parenting forum and FB. It's funny how before Facebook I spent a lot of time on Sewing Mamas and some other groups and now I try to check in every couple months. Blogs, how I love to read blogs, prim ones, frugal, green, freezer cooking, children crafts, sewing, quilting, natural parenting and friends blogs, etc. I never seem to have enough time. Than I have to find time to sew and craft, cook and clean and all the activities I do with my children. It's all fun!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

It's so funny that you just posted this! Last week I was looking for a slow cooker cookbook and I discovered a Gooseberry Patch book. I had never heard of them before, but they looked cute so I requested several more. We got about eight of them from the library yesterday, including three Christmas ones, and Emma and I have been having fun looking through them. I was going to email you and ask you if you had ever heard of them!

Anonymous said...

Hi Allison...I love everything! Oooops I forgot to post the muslin covered pantry cake...I'll have to to that!! prim blessings, patti