Saturday, January 19, 2013

Taco Soup

I've been making this taco soup recipe for years. I couldn't find my original recipe but here is how I make mine. You really can't mess up this recipe.
I use chicken, you can use whatever meat makes you happy. The original recipe used hamburger, I've had it both ways but like the chicken best.


1-2 boneless chicken breast or any chicken you already have on hand. Cook chicken till done. Chunk or shred the chicken.
1 15oz can pinto beans
1 15oz can black beans  
1 cup or a half of a bag frozen corn
2 --15 oz crushed tomatoes
1 12-15 oz tomatoes with chilies
1 pack Ranch dressing or 2 T bulk ranch mix

1 pack taco seasoning or 2 T bulk taco seasoning
2 cups of water
Any other seasoning you like, whatever else you like.
Throw it all together for 15-20 minutes.  I like to add shredded cheese, sour cream and jalapenos to my bowl and eat with tortilla chips.


 Amy playing in the snow --during Christmas break.



This is Callie our oldest cat--she's 11 years old and has been looking it lately. Her favorite place to lay in on my husbands back.  




No comments: