Monday, August 6, 2012

Pinned it, Made it Monday!


My daughter Kaitlyn who is headed back to K-State tomorrow for her Junior year, made this dress. A few of her friends had similar dresses and she wanted to make one for an upcoming event at her sorority house. She made one loosely based on this pin   and this one too. If I can get a picture of her friends dress, I'll add that later. Her skirt is a black t-shirt cut off and she added elastic at the waist. She used a wide polka dot material to make the tie that goes through the front and back. The back is the same size as the front of the shirt. The dress is really cute and we both are planning on making more, we stocked up at the thrift store a week ago, we have some KU lovers in the house so that's what I hope to make soon.. I'm linking up with Tammy at Country Girl at Home.

1 comment:

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

That's adorable, Allison! And it's so clever! I just showed it to Joy. I think that would be a good sewing project for her! Thanks for participating!

Blessings,
Tammy