Monday, May 6, 2013

Pinned It, Made It! Monday




My mom and Grandma always made pot roast and I hated it as a kid. I would eat the carrots and potatoes. Then I found out how wonderful horseradish made the roast taste (masked it flavor :-). I usually make bbq beef when I have a roast but a pot roast with potatoes and carrots was requested. I mixed two recipes together-- The first inspiration was this recipe, I liked the idea of adding rosemary but the main recipe I used is here-- I added onions to my slow cooker first,  I waited for the last two hours like the second recipe said to add the potatoes, they were still a little mushy so next time I'll either cut the potatoes larger or add at an hour instead of two. My child who thought she didn't like cooked carrots --was actually asking for more.

I'm linking up with Tammy at Country Girl at Home.

No comments: