Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Years Eve


The last day of the year and I finally get around to trying two recipes I've been wanting to try for a long time. Once was this grape jelly, I read about on this blog, The Simple Green Frugal Coop. The blogger said she used grape juice and I was excited to see that it might be pretty easy. The jelly we were using had high fructose corn syrup in it and I couldn't bring myself to buy the organic jelly because my kids eat it so fast. We haven't tried it yet but it smelled good when I was cooking it up. Fingers crossed that they'll love it.

The other recipe was homemade marshmallows. I think they either wrote down the wrong size pan or I did something goofy it called for 8 x8 pan and i ended up filling 2 and half pans. Now I'm waiting three hours to try them out.

We are staying home with our kiddos tonight, eating appetizers and hopefully playing card games. Amy just fell asleep on my lap.

I've been looking for some plastic candy canes so I can prim them up for next year. I haven't had any luck finding any on clearance.

No comments: