Friday, December 26, 2008

Lists

I make lists all the time and stumbled upon a notebook from last year of ideas of things and ornaments I wanted to make. None of the items were made this year and after visiting the sites again, I hope to add a few to my list for next year. I found a list Kaitlyn made of gifts she was giving last year and she said "Mom we just like to make lists". She took sewing this year at school and has had a lot of fun sewing. I parted with some of my chocolate lollipop material and she made a cute bag and quilted zipper bag in class.

Today I'm trying to finish up a few Christmas gifts that didn't get done. I'm almost done with Amy's Dora apron and have a few potholders and ornaments to finish and than to start making stuff foe next year. I can usually get a lot done the two weeks after Christmas. I play Christmas music non-stop and try to craft and sew as much as I can. Jaime already told me Christmas was over. So what are you doing listening to it still.

Yesterday, yep on Christmas I rearranged/cleaned our closet because I was missing one of Amy's gifts. I found it and took some pictures of quilts I had in the closet.


My Grandma Rinehart made this little doll quilt for me over 35 or more years ago.





The Dresden plate quilt was made by my Grandma Spencer. I use to use it all the time and it has some worn spots so I put it up.






She also made these quilt squares and she wanted to finish it for me but wasn't able to, so she mailed me the squares. When she talked about Sunbonnet Ladies I was assuming the cute little girls and didn't expect these ladies. They've grown on me now. I love looking at the different materials she used in the dresses I think some of them are feed sacks. I'm not sure why she used the red and pink together. I never asked. This quilt also has some burnt marks on it from the fire we had. I wish I would have used a different fabric instead of the red and white check for the border. It was quilted by the ladies at my MIl's old church.

I have more quilts to show but the pictures aren't that great and I'll retake.


I made these ornaments for my MIL years ago. The ones I had for our tree were lost in the fire. A few have been stitched but not finished yet. My goal is to make a set for each of my daughters and a set for our tree too.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Allison - thank you so much for the lovely stockings and the goodies - what a treat... I hope you got yours.

Cheers,

Susan Dyer
sy.dyer@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

What beautiful heirlooms!

I too am very productive after Christmas...for me, I feel so much less pressure! I feel more free to create and I end up going much faster than anticipated...

Happy New Year!

Tulsi said...

I have 2 quilt tops and several finished quilt things that don't have the rest of the top finished from my great grandmother. I bought frames, but have no idea how to quilt. I'm making an attempt. Quilting is such an art that I think is leaving. I don't know anyone who quilts and they haven't been able to give ideas. These are beautiful.

Tulsi said...

I looks like we are partners. Hi. I' am so interested in your quilting. I am going to learn how some day. I was wondering. Is the Dresden Plate one appliqued?