Monday, February 18, 2013

Pinned It, Made It! Monday


 I made this lemon tart for my husband who is a big lemon fan, for Valentine's day. I on the other hand, am not,---- it's all about the chocolate for me!  I, of course wait till the night before to look at recipes and this one looked good and I had everything on hand.

.
 I love to make rag quilts because they always get finished, unlike a KU quilt I have waiting to be free motioned quilted. This one was made for a birthday gift for a friend of Jaime's. I pinned this one on Pinterest and there was no directions so I plowed on ahead.  I cut 10-inch squares cotton for the front and flannel on the back. The strip squares I had to play around with to fit right, I also added on because it wasn't long or wide enough.  I love the batiks! The one I pinned, the squares were bigger and I like the size of it but I was using leftovers and couldn't make mine as big.


Amy wanted to make butterfly valentines--- we did a combination of two we pinned, this is our version.

Don't forget to check out Tammy and all the other posts on Pinned It, Made It! Monday.


4 comments:

Pendleton Primitives said...

Hi, found you through Tammy. The tart looks divine and I just adore the quilt. I never seem to finish any I start. The kiddo is adorable :)
~Christina

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Your Amy is so precious! :)

LOVE that rag quilt....quilts just make me happy...love the colors in yours! I have never made a quilt in my life, but would love to do so....to finish one would be a dream!

Thanks for participating, Allison!

Hugs,
Tammy

Farmhouse prims said...

Love your quilt, my goal this year is to take a beginners quilting class. Love the valentines your little one made. Lecia

Mary said...

Your tart looks so yummy, but I'm with you give me chocolate anyday and I am in heaven.....heheh Love your quilt, and the colors that you picked for it! I would love to learn how to quilt, one of the things on my to do list....would love to be able to make one for each of my three daughters, so they could have them to pass on through the years. Amy is a real cuttie..that big smile is precious!
Hugs Mary