Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Chats

Everyday Ruralty

I'm linking up with Patrice at Everyday Ruralty.

Questions

1. Do you like to drive or be driven?
If my husband is the driver I like to be driven.

2.What's your favorite kind of jam, jelly or preserve?
I love blueberry and black raspberry jam. I don't eat as much as I would like since I've cut out a lot of gluten.

3.Do you have any special plans for this spring or summer?
Not really--just want to get a few projects done around the house

4.Lots of folks are becoming aware of issues with food. There are many articles, books and movies on topics like allergies, GMO, pesticide use, bad or no labeling, over processed food, food from other countries that may not have high standards, and many more topics. What concerns you the most?
We have cut out hydrogenated oils and high fructose corn syrup. I would like to be able to afford all organic, but at this time it's not in the budget. We also avoid GMO's and don't buy a lot of processed food. We also try to keep the food dyes to a minimum which isn't always easy. I use to believe that the FDA looked out for us and would never allow certain things or food to be consumed but now I know that's not true, so I try to stay on top of that for our family.
 
5. Do you use nail polish often? Fingers, piggies or both?
When I worked I polished my nails, but now if I polish my nails by the end of the day they would be a mess. So I just do my piggies and usually only in summer.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

You are right, we have to be our own nutritionist.
Enjoy your uneventful summer, sometimes those are the best ones.

Patrice said...

I'd rather get things done in the summer than have a fancy vacation. It's good you are looking out for the foods you choose. It is up to us to take care of ourselves. Have a good week!

Elizabeth Edwards said...

thank you for stopping by this week. really appreciate your visit. ( :

hope you week has been a good one. we have had odd temps.

i enjoy vacations that are simple & cheap - they make the happiest - love spending time with my hubby.